Athletics & Recreation
Fall Indoor Basketball
|Entry Deadline:||Friday, November 3, 2017|
|Begins:||November 7, 2017 to November 28, 2017|
|Days & Times:||Tuesdays, 8pm to midnight (except Nov. 14)|
|Mandatory Team Rep Meeting:|
|Coordinator Name:||Matthew Smith|
- There is a minimum of 5 players needed for the basketball game to start and a maximum of 10 players should be listed on the roster.
- All standard rules for basketball apply, unless stated below as a modification.
- 3 point shots will be awarded as of the outer 3 point-line
- All players MUST be on the team roster.
- If you are ejected from a game you are suspended for the next game.
- Each game consists of two 20 minute running time halves. The clock stops on all whistles the last two (2) minutes of the second half.
- Each team has 2 timeouts per half.
- No DUNKING allowed.
- There will be a 5 minute overtime period if games end in a tie at the end of regulation time. Each team will receive 1 timeout for the overtime period.
- No varsity basketball players or students who were on the basketball team for half the season are allowed to participate.
- No current varsity basketball players are allowed to participate.
- Each player gets 5 fouls. All fouls under 2 minutes will be one and ones.
- A forfeit will be applied if a team needs to borrow a player and/or have less than 5 players.
- Respect all officials and their calls.
- If there is knowledge of a no-show please contact the Sport Coordinator as soon as possible, so the competing team can be made aware.
- The Team Captain is responsible to inform his or her teammates of when they play.
- All players and officials MUST treat each other with respect at all times
- INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOUR WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. If there is any pushing or excessive fouls - a team can be removed from the court and suffer an automatic loss.
- Any fighting will result in the removal of the entire team for which the players involved are part of.
- VIOLATIONS will result in removal from the league and/or all Intramural Sports.