By partnering with community organizations and programs, we are able to offer our students various experiential learning opportunities, such as volunteering or service learning. Through these partnerships, we can develop and strengthen our relationships with our communities, provide space for our students to be socially responsible and civically engaged, recognize and value community partner knowledge, skills, and experience, and work together to accomplish goals that may otherwise not have been possible. Our Community Partners may be:
- Publicly funded institutions
- Student Societies
- On-Campus Organizations
- Social enterprises
How Many Partners do we Have?
According to stats from January 2018-March 2019, there have been 150+ Community Partners engaged with the Service Learning Office and the Co-Curricular Record
Who Do they Benefit and How?
Community Partners benefit Saint Mary’s University and our SMUdents by:
- Providing numerous experiential opportunities, such as volunteering and service learning, both on and off campus
- Supporting students to broaden knowledge, deepen skills, develop networks, and be civically engaged
- Allowing space for a youth perspective in the delivery of social programs
- Fostering collaboration between the university and the community