Emergency Notification System
Emergencies on Campus – Be the First to Know!
Saint Mary’s has recently launched a new system to notify faculty, staff, and students via email and/or text message in the event of an emergency on campus.
Working with the University’s mass notification system, the new system will immediately send messages to those who have signed up for text and/or email alerts.
Signing up for the service is easy. To receive alerts, members of the Saint Mary’s community need to provide either a mobile phone number and/or email address where they would like to receive the notifications. The system allows users to register up to two mobile numbers and two email addresses so that notifications can be sent to others, such as parents of students. It is important that this information be provided when opting in to the service, as these numbers may not be the same as the standard contact records stored in Banner for Emergency Contacts.
Instructions to opt-in
To receive messages in the event of an emergency, follow these steps in Self Service Banner to opt-in and register your contact information:
- Go to Self-Service Banner (SSB)
- Click “Enter Secure Area” to go to the Login screen
- Use your A# and password to Login
- Enter the “Personal Information” section and navigate to the section to Opt-In to the Mass Notification System (Please note: the Mass Notification opt-in form is also available under Employee, Student and Finance pages)
- Once in the “Mass Notification Opt In Form”:
a. Opt-in to the system (check box on the form)
b. Provide contact information with which you would like to be contacted
c. Submit your information to complete the opt-in and registration process
- At any time, should you wish to opt-out, you simply return to this form and “uncheck” the Opt-In/Opt-Out box on the form.