School of the Environment
Environment Prize for Environmental Science and Bachelor of Environmental Studies Students
Deadline to apply: March 31, 2018
If you are an undergrad in your graduating year of the BSc-ENVS or the BES, you may be eligible for one of the Environment Prizes to be awarded at Spring Convocation. October 2017 graduates, and January 2018 and May 2018 potential graduates may apply. See below for complete details.
SMUworks Positions! Deadline extended to October 18! Apply through HireSMU.
- Old Forest Research Assistant
- Communications and Interactive Events Coordinator with The School of the Environment
- Ecotoxicology Research Assistant
Robin Rigby Trust - Community-Focused Coastal Research Proposals
Deadline: October 31, 2017
Graduate Student Research Assistant Employment Opportunity with the Community Conservation Research Network
Deadline to apply: Oct. 11, 2017
- Experience/education in one or more of Environmental Studies, Environmental Science, Geography and International Development, or possibly other Social Sciences
- Some knowledge of local community development and livelihoods, and/or environmental issues and local environmental stewardship. The ideal candidate will have experience in data management and analysis, and secondary literature compilation and research.
Notification of Intent to make a submission by Thursday, 31 December, 2017.
Students should e-mail their intention to enter the competition by providing their name, University, year and program, type of paper, and reasons for selecting their topic.
Final Submission of the article is required by Friday, 16 February, 2018.
Students should send an e-mail with their paper as an attachment. The “Notification” and “Final Submission” should be sent by e-mail to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a recent graduate with GIS experience? Intership opportunity with NS Natural Resources
Deadline to apply: October 4, 2017
Student Research Travel Program
Due: October 31, 2017
The Offshore Energy Research Association (OERA) ‘Student Research Travel Program’ is open for applications.
Deadline for application submission: October 31, 2017
Honours Research Opportunity in Wetland Hydrology
• Senior ENVS, Geography or Biology returning to school in the Fall of 2017 and eligible for Honours
• Solid skills in Microsoft Excel, GIS and statistics (e.g., Minitab, SYSTAT)
• Independence, possess a strong work ethic, ability to work as a team and demonstrated ability to problem solve and apply innovative solutions to challenges
• A familiarity with hydrology and wetlands.
Tony Bowron, CBWES Inc., Dept. of Environmental Science (Adjunct)
John Brazner, NS Department of Natural Resources
Apply: Interested students should contact Tony Bowron (email@example.com)
The Nature Trust is hiring for an exciting new position!
Qualifications: Master of Science or at least 5 years relevant field experience
Application Deadline: ongoing
The Nature Trust is now recruiting for the new position of Science and Stewardship Specialist. The Science and Stewardship Specialist will develop and coordinate the conservation science, stewardship, and field volunteer programs to advance the Nature Trust’s conservation mission.
For detailed position description with application instructions see our website:
ESAMS (Environmental Services Association Maritimes) Career Opportunities
http://www.esamaritimes.ca/career-opportunities.html (SoE does not maintain the ESAMS website. It is provided for your information)
Robin Rigby Trust - Call for Proposals
Deadline to apply: October 31, 2017
The Trust is designed to encourage researchers in Canada to work with overseas coastal communities while researchers outside Canada are encouraged to connect with coastal community partners in Atlantic Canada. Since 2008, nineteen individuals have received funding for coastal communities research through the Trust. The 2017 proposal period is now open. Visit the website for more information and how to apply next year.