Extracurricular activities help round out your university experience. You will develop social and business networks, master new skills, make a difference in your community and build your resume when you get involved. Plus, you may just have fun. Saint Mary's University offers a Co-Curricular Record to help you capture your experience for your professional portfolio.
Whether undergraduate or graduate, as a student at the Sobey School, you can:
Join a society or student group:
- Join one of our business societies to gain professional connections and experience.
- Make friends, explore interests and develop connections through one of Saint Mary’s other student groups and societies.
- Join Enactus Saint Mary's and make a difference through projects that help our local, national and international communities.
- Develop yourself professionally and personally by exploring opportunities for global internships and campus involvement through AIESEC
Compete or participate in skill-building events:
- Test your presentation skills and business knowledge, and solve real-world challenges by taking part in a business case competition.
- The David Sobey Centre for Innovation in Retail and Services hosts live case competitions and Hackathons.
- The Spark Zone is an on-campus start-up sandbox that can help connect you to supports for your start up.
- Help manage a real investment fund with the guidance of industry mentors, with our student-run IMPACT Investment Fund.* (Note: this group is tied to an academic course -- you must qualify and apply to participate).
- Join the new VentureGrade, a venture capital group organized by Dr. Ellen Farrell.
Learn from community leaders:
- Learn from industry thought-leaders by attending exclusive talks, seminars and presentations.
- Watch our BComm and MBA pages on Facebook to win tickets to community business events.
Stay in Touch
All the information you need, delivered to your inbox: Watch for the Sobey School of Business N.E.W.S. and More email newsletter. Not receiving the email? Subscribe below!