Business Case Competitions
As a Sobey student, you can take part in graduate and undergraduate case competitions on the local, national and international level.
Apply your classroom learning to real-world challenges, test your ability to think on your feet, and compete against other students, in consultation with industry leaders. The competitions are an excellent place to network and to connect with recruiters, who are often in attendance.
Competitions offered include:
- The Queen's international Inter-Collegiate Business Competition (ICBC) gives top business students from across the country a chance to compete in categories ranging from marketing to business policy.
- The Bob Shaw Case Competition is required for first year full-time MBA students.
- The BMO Financial Group Apex Business Plan Competition encourages entrepreneurs to submit a business plan.
- The John Molson MBA International Case Competition is the largest competition of its kind, giving students practical business experience and bridging the gap between the corporate and academic worlds.
- In addition, Sobey MBA students take part in the MBA Games each year.
- In recent years, our students have competed in the JD Irving Direct IT competition, the Keybank Minority Case Competition, Canada's Next Top Ad Exec, Montreal Exchange Options competition, and more. If you find a competitioni you are interested in, you may want to approach an appropriate faculty member about coaching you. You may qualify for support to attend.