Mission & Strategy
The Sobey School of Business, through active learning and the creation and mobilization of scholarship, prepares citizens of the world to lead sustainable, entrepreneurial businesses and communities.
Dean's Community Reports
- Read this Report from the Dean: Entrepreneurial Excellence (Winter 2016)
- Read this Report from the Dean: Partnering for Prosperity (Fall 2015)
- Download and read our Update to Community (Fall 2014)
Updates on Strategic Plan
Our Strategic Direction
Sobey School of Business Strategic Plan (Summary PDF)
In 2012, the Sobey School unveiled the central priorities of a new Strategic Plan. The plan aligns with our mission, and with the overall vision and mission of Saint Mary's University. Development of the particulars of the plan continues.
Key Priorities of the Sobey School of Business strategic plan for 2013 - 2018
- Incorporate global perspectives and inter-cultural learning into appropriate aspects of our educational, research and service initiatives.
- Further diversify our on-campus student body through enhanced international recruitment efforts.
- Broaden our international reach through strategic partnerships and collaborations.
- Develop ‘the Sobey Experience’ as the strategic framework for improving student engagement and retention in the classroom and on campus.
- Build bridges with all stakeholders, especially alumni and the business community.
- Strengthen our culture of scholarship, including knowledge creation and research mobilization.
C) Innovation and Development
- Develop new facilities to support the growth of our faculty, our programs and the innovative delivery of curriculum.
- Sustain and accelerate the development and renewal of programs and program formats.
- Increase the size and quality of faculty in strategically important academic areas.
- Develop an enrollment management plan to facilitate growth and improve student retention.