Executive Education Course
Enhancing Business Performance through Co-operative Management Practices: How to Strengthen Identity, Loyalty and Participation
An interactive professional development opportunity focused on leading thinking in co-operative management coupled with tangible examples of how to translate knowledge into action. We encourage senior managers, CEOs and board members to join us for this learning and networking event.
Dates and Locations:
November 1-3, 2017 (Vancouver, Canada) - hosted by Vancity Credit Union (183 Terminal Avenue, Vancouver)
January 16-18, 2018 (Winnipeg, Canada) - hosted by Arctic Co-operatives Limited (1645 Inkster Boulevard, Winnipeg)
Other 2018 dates and locations TBC. Get in touch with us if you would like to host in your area!
Cost: $1500 CDN for Vancouver or Winnipeg
- Daily Sessions: 8am - 5pm
- Coffee and pastries in the morning, health breaks, and lunches are included.
- A complimentary group dinner will be hosted at a local restaurant for all course participants (often scheduled for day 2).
- Some course fee subsidies are available on the basis of financial need.
Download the program flyer Enhancing Business Performance Vancouver and Winnipeg
What to Expect:
- Get yourself into gear with context setting including how current day co-operative enterprises fit within a wider economy.
- Learn how to manage the co-operative equilibrium. The focus is placed on a model that captures the uniqueness of co-operative organizations, building on the dual nature of a member’s usership and ownership. We will address issues of core values and their purpose, the co-operative business model, and balanced scorecard to lead into discussion of a co-operative equilibrium. Emphasis is placed on the alignment from co-op values to key performance indicators. Cases of cooperatives successfully managing partially or totally this equilibrium will be discussed.
- Move from a potential identity crisis to the New Co-operative Paradigm (NCP). The traditional co-operative model is being challenged leading to an identity crisis. A model to better understand this reality will be introduced, taking into consideration both co-operative rules and market rules. In response to this state of crisis, an NCP is being proposed, showing how the emerging market rules can be of great advantage to co-operatives. Examine case studies and deep dive into implementation success stories such as the customer orientation strategy.
- Gain exposure to emerging concepts in the field of management and governance in the context of co-operative enterprises. This course will provide you with tools to better understand the existing culture in your co-operative along with techniques that promote engaged participation by members.
Lead Instructor: Daniel Côté
Executives in Residence: Guest presenters will provide additional diversity into the course content to complement the expertise of the course instructors and participants.
Hotel options: Hotel Suggestions for Executive Education Vancouver (pdf list). For Winnipeg, a corporate rate of $102 CAD can be obtained at Canad Inns Destination Centre Polo Park (when booking, indicate you are meant to get the Arctic Co-ops' corporate rate).
For more information contact Erin Hancock at email@example.com