Are you an employer looking to hire someone using Access-Ability? The SSBDC is currently accepting applications from employers in New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island to take part in Access-Ability.
Notice: All placements for the 2017 Access-Ability program have been filled. All applications moving forward will be placed on a waiting list.
- - A $15/hr wage subsidy* (based on a 35hr work week) for a 39-week period
- - Assistance with job posting and short listing of candidates
- - Training and mentoring for participants to enhance their work experience
- - Advice and monitoring throughout the program to ensure participants and employers are receiving the best possible experience
- - Fit under the NAICS High Demand Sector classification for the Atlantic region
- - Be a small or medium sized business (less than 500 employees)
- - Provide a $5/hr wage top up (making the minimum salary for a participant $15/hr)
- - Provide additional 11.58% coverage of MERC (mandatory employment related costs - CPP, EI, Vacation Pay)
- - Allow participant to attend training provided by Access-Ability when required
- - Provide a workplace mentor (click here for mentoring tips)
Employers participating in Access-Ability benefit by attracting new talent to their organization through subsidized career related positions. This enables businesses to get a head start on long-term hires under the provided subsidy.
Would your business like the opportunity to receive over $20,000 in funding from this program?
We have reached the end of the application process for the 2016 year and are no longer accepting applications. Please check back in the fall to apply for the next cohort of our program. If you are an interested employer, please send us an email.