The Master of Management, Co-operatives and Credit Unions, Graduate Diploma in Co-operative Management, and Certificate in Co-operatives and Credit Unions provide a thorough understanding of the co-operative business model, and build exceptional management skills. Jump to the details on the Certificate program here.
The Masters and Diploma programs immerse co-op practitioners in the values and principles of co-operation, propelling them to exceptional growth in their careers. Our curriculum explores:
- the origins and evolution of co-operatives
- global economy and society
- an exploration of a range of business models
- strategy and innovation
- leadership and governance
- accounting and finance
- personnel management
- technology and communication
- community and environment
For specific course information, view the Course Descriptions page.
Master's Program (3 years)
- Take part in a face-to-face orientation at the start and build relationships with your fellow students and faculty.
- Study part-time while working in the co-operative sector and immediately apply your learning.
- Use your co-operative as a case study throughout the program so you can integrate new knowledge as well as add value to your co-operative in the short and long terms.
- Experience co-operation at work with a 10-day study tour to Italy or Spain.
- Complete a research project tailored to your specific interests.
Graduate Diploma (20 months)
We have responded to requests from the sector to create a shorter, less intensive program option.
Our Graduate Diploma gives you the chance to take foundational courses in all management disciplines and complete a final research paper catered to your interests. Attend the face-to-face orientation and join a combined cohort with our Master’s students. The courses you complete in the Diploma can be applied to the Master’s degree if you choose to continue your studies.
These online, part-time courses are designed to enhance your practical knowledge of the relevance and impact of the co-operative business model. In addition to joining a diverse international network of co-operators, you will acquire an expanded toolbox of co-operative specific management tools and best practices related to strategy, financial sustainability, and innovation. This is a 7.5 credit program and the courses you complete can be applied to the Diploma (3 credit hours apply) or Master’s degree (all 7.5 credit hours apply) if you choose to continue your studies. View details of the Certificate in Co-operative Management. Interested? See the application process here.
Our Executive Education courses give senior managers, CEOs and board members the opportunity to join us for a unique learning and networking opportunity. View the course offerings for 2017/2018.