Sobey School News
CEARC signs MOA with Costa Rican University
Date Published: September 17, 2020
CEARC has signed a MOA with a university in Costa Rica. The research centre is also working on an SDG project with co-operatives there.
Professor Jorge Arturo Campos Montero
The Memorandum of Agreement with FUNDEPOS Alma Máter University, Costa Rica includes work on the following:
- Collaboration on a multi-year project on adoption by co-operatives of the UN Sustainable Development Goals through the Centre of Excellence in Accounting and Reporting for Co-operatives (CEARC), Sobey School of Business. Professor Jorge Montero is currently working on a similar project with co-operatives in Costa Rica.
- Exchange of academic and administrative staff
- Collaboration on co-operatives research, training, teaching and publications
- Co-organization of research symposia in Canada and Costa Rica
- Joint application for funding and scholarships
- Collaboration on externally funded technical assistance projects
- Promotion of other co-operation as mutually agreed