ARGEIAD Member Activities, Summer 2014Atlantic Research Group on Economics of Immigration, Aging and Diversity
McDonald, JT and C. Worswick (2014) High skilled immigration. Ch11 in Chiswick, B. and P. Miller (eds.) Handbook on the Economics of International Migration, North-Holland
Kennedy, S., M. Kidd, J. McDonald, and N. Biddle. 2014. “The Healthy Immigrant Effect: Patterns and Evidence from Four Countries.” Journal of International Migration and Integration (DOI 10.1007/s12134-014-0340-x).
Walsh, Deatra, Michael Haan, and Barbara Neis. 2014. “Employment-Related Geographical Mobility in Canada.” Forthcoming in "Global Population and Economy, a special issue of Canadian Studies in Population.
Akbari, A. 2014. “Human Resource Deficit in Atlantic Canada: A Challenge for Regional Economic Development.” Journal of International Migration and Integration. (DOI 10.1007/s12134-014-0321-0).
By Michael Haan
- May 2014. Demographic Trends in Atlantic Canada. Fredericton Chamber of Commerce Annual General Meeting, held in Fredericton on May 14, 2014 (Keynote presentation).
- May 2014. Future demographic pressures on the non-profit housing sector. Annual General Meeting of the New Brunswick Non-profit Housing Association, held in Saint John on May 8-10 (Keynote presentation).
- May 2014. Making it Happen: Future Labour Market Opportunities. New Brunswick’s inaugural Job summit (keynote presentation).
By Ather Akbari
- May 2014. Temporary Migrants in Atlantic Canada: Some trends and issues. Symposium of Atlantic Immigration Research Fund held in Halifax.
- June 2014. Are occupations of immigrants and non-immigrants perfect substitutes in Canadian labour markets. Canadian Economics Association, Annual General Meeting held in Vancouver.