Patrick Power Library
Research Resources: RefWorks
Go directly to the RefWorks Login page.
RefWorks is a web-based citation management tool that allows you to collect, edit, and organize your bibliographic citations as you research and lets you create and format bibliographies.
Access to RefWorks is provided to the Saint Mary's community via the Patrick Power Library. To learn more about the most commonly used citation styles, such as MLA and APA, see Style Guides and Citations.
See also our step-by-step RefWorks instructions for Exporting/Importing Citations into RefWorks from Saint Mary's Databases.
How to Access RefWorks
Login to your personal RefWorks account
- Go to the RefWorks Login page and enter your personal login-name and password.
- First-time users will need to Sign up for an Individual Account.
- If accessing RefWorks from off-campus, you may need to enter the Saint Mary's Group Code: RWStMaryU.
Contact the Research Help Desk for login assistance: 902-420-5544.
Use RefWorks to:
- Import bibliographic references from the Library's Novanet catalogue.
- Import references from the Library's journal databases.
- Manually enter references.
- Create folders in which to collect, store, and organize your references.
- Generate bibliographies or reference lists using recognized citation styles such as APA, MLA, etc.
- Share your references or bibliographies with colleagues or other researchers.
- Insert and format citations within an essay using Write-N-Cite, a free downloadable plug-in for MS-Word.
Links to Guides and Help: