Executive and Professional Development
Managing and Resolving Conflict in the Workplace
This course will more closely examine some of the key communication and conflict management skills necessary to more effectively reduce and resolve conflict in the workplace. Specific topics covered include electronic communication and how it impacts on organizational conflict management. Participants will benefit from a close examination and practice using a "conflict coaching" model suited for employees at all levels within the organization. In addition, there will be a comprehensive focus on designing and delivering informal interventions to better manage and resolve complex, multi-party disputes in the workplace.
Managing and Resolving Conflict in the Workplace is an elective seminar for the Certificate in Managing Conflict.
DATES - 2 Day Seminar
December 13 - 14, 2017
April 16 - 17, 2018
What is Organizational Conflict?
- Causes of organizational conflict
- Impact and costs of organizational conflict
Appropriate Dispute Resolution Processes
- Informal dispute resolution processes
- Multi-party informal dispute resolution interventions
- Approaches to conflict coaching
Electronic Communication and Conflict
- Impact of technology and organizational conflict management
What You Will Learn
- How to facilitate conflict resolution processes as a third party and/or as a “conflict coach”
- Which informal dispute resolution processes are most appropriate
- How to effectively guide interest based discussions/appropriate interventions
- The scope and impact of electronic communication and conflict
Who Should Attend?
You will benefit from this seminar if you:
- are interested in developing leadership / conflict management skills
- are an individual or group involved in a conflict
- are HR personnel
- are a supervisor or manager
- are a leader
- are interested in increasing your understanding and skill related to alternative dispute resolution