LEAP Enrollment begins on April 26, 2016 at 5pm.
Students automatically obtain a space in LEAP when they select and register for the courses in the LEAP community of their choice.
Students should register early, as space is limited to the first 30 students in each community. LEAP does not maintain a waitlist. If the learning community you want is full, it is recommended that you choose another community.
How to Register for Your LEAP Community
- Go to http://selfservice.smu.ca and Enter Secure Area.
Tip: There is no box to check off that will automatically register you for LEAP. To register for LEAP, please follow all Registration steps carefully.
- Enter your User ID and PIN – your User ID is on your acceptance letter and looks like A00123455. Your initial PIN is your birthdate in the following format: ddmmyy.
- On the Main Menu, choose Student, then Registration.
- To register for LEAP, select Add or Drop Classes, then select the September – December 2016 term.
- Enter the CRNs (Course Registration Numbers) for the courses in the LEAP community of your choice (see Faculty Information below), and click Submit Changes. A new page will display, showing your registrations.
Tip: Enter the CRNs for your LEAP community all at one time, filling the boxes provided at the bottom of the registration screen. Put all the numbers in together, use as many boxes as necessary, then hit Submit Changes. This will register your LEAP courses as a block. You automatically get into LEAP when you register all of the CRNs associated with your community.
- Return to Look Up Classes to pick remaining courses for your Fall term (a full course load is 15 credit hours per term).
Tip: To avoid time conflicts in your course timetable, register your LEAP community first. Then, choose any remaining courses.
- For your Winter courses. Return to Add or Drop Classes, select the January – April 2017 term. Enter the CRN for the winter portion of LEAP 1000 in your community and click Submit Changes. A new page will display, showing your registrations. Return to Look Up Classes to pick remaining courses for your Winter term.