Telephone Use Guide
These instructions apply specifically to 2008, 2616 and 3902 model phones. Your phone may work differently. Should you experience difficulties with your phone, please contact the Help Desk.
- Placing/Receiving a Call
- On Hold
- Call Forward
- Transferring a Call
- Conference Call
- Auto Dial
- Department Speed Call
- Call Pick Up
- Hands-Free (2616 Only)
- Volume Adjustment
- Contrast Adjustment
- Call Timer Enable
- Language Selection
Placing/Receiving a Call
- To receive a call, pick up the handset.
- To place a call, lift the handset or press the Prime Directory Number key (PDN) located at the bottom-right corner of the telephone set. Dial the four-digit number for internal calls, or "7" and the telephone number for external calls.
- If you choose to leave the handset in the cradle while dialing the telephone number, see Hands-Free instructions.
- Always remember to use the red Release (RLS) button when you have completed your call. This ensures the call has been disconnected.
By pressing the PDN button twice (with the handset in cradle), or lifting the handset and pressing PDN once, the last telephone number you called will be redialed. This applies to both internal and external telephone numbers.
To return to the caller:
1. Lift the handset
2. If you have more than one line on your telephone set, lift the handset and press the DN key next to the flashing light in order to access the call.
To forward your calls to another number:
1. Press the Call Forward button – light flashes.
2. Dial the four-digit number where your calls will go.
3. Press the Call Forward button – light remains on.
To cancel Call Forward, press the Call Forward button – light turns off.
To Call Forward to the same number every time, press the Call Forward button twice – light turns on.
Transferring a Call
1. Inform the caller you are transferring the call.
2. Press the Transfer button once.
3. The other party is on hold. You hear a dial tone.
4. Dial the number where you wish to transfer the call.
5. When the third party answers, announce the transfer and press the Transfer button. If you receive a busy signal or no answer, press the PDN key to return to the original caller.
6. To complete the transfer, press the Release button and replace the handset
1. To add another person to your telephone conversation, press the Conference button once.
2. The original caller is on hold. You hear a dial tone.
3. Dial the number of the person whom you wish to join your conversation. If you receive a busy or no answer, press the PDN key to return to the original caller.
4. When you receive an answer, press the Conference button. All three parties will be connected.
5. The Conference feature may be used to set up telephone conversations between you and up to five other people. Repeat steps 1 through 4.
To use Auto Dial:
1. Press a free line key or lift the handset.
2. Press Auto Dial – the stored number is dialed automatically.
Department Speed Call
All departments have been assigned a speed call list. One person, usually the secretary, has been designated as the controller of the list. Only they can add or change speed call numbers.
Storing Speed Call Numbers:
1. Press the Speed Call key – light flashes.
2. Dial the two-digit access code to be assigned.
3. Dial the telephone number (remember to include 7 and 1 if required).
4. Press the Speed Call key – light turns off.
Using Speed Call:
1. To access speed call numbers, lift the handset or press the PDN key, and press the Speed Call button.
2. Dial the two-digit access code assigned to the telephone number you wish to call.
3. The speed call number is automatically dialed.
If you dial the access code and receive a fast busy signal, no speed call numbers have been programmed in your list.
If you press the speed call key and the light does not flash, no speed call group has been assigned to your set.
Contact the Help Desk for further information.
1. A telephone is ringing in your call pick up group.
2. Lift your handset.
3. Press the Call Pick Up button or dial 13.
4. The call is routed to your telephone and you are connected to the caller.
If you get a fast busy signal when you press the Call Pick Up button, you and the telephone you are trying to answer are not in the same pick up group.
Using Hands-Free (2616 Only)
You can use the built-in microphone and speaker instead of the handset. At any time during a call, you can switch to the handset by picking it up. You can also mute your microphone so that the other party cannot hear you speaking.
To Use Hands-Free on a Call:
1. Press Hands-Free Mute or a line key instead of picking up your handset.
2. Place the call.
3. Press RLS to end your call.
To Mute a Hands-Free Call:
1. Press Hands-Free Mute – the light flashes.
2. Press it again and return to the two-way conversation.
To Switch from the Handset to Hands-Free:
1. Press Hands-Free.
2. Hang up the handset.
00 VOLUME ADJUSTMENT
SELECT OR SCROLL<<>>
You can use your volume control key to scroll forwards or backwards through the selections available. To make a selection, dial the number shown on the screen. After any programming procedure, press PROGRAM to exit and save the new setting.
1 – Ringer
2 – Buzzer
3 – Speaker
4 – Handset
3. Use the volume control key to increase or decrease the volume for the selection you have chosen.
4. Press PROGRAM to save and exit.
1. Press PROGRAM and dial 05.
2. Tap the volume control key to scroll through the selections available. Enter the number for the language you want and press PROGRAM to save and exit.