Student Employment with ITSS
Position Summary: Part Time Help Desk Staff
Under the supervision of Help Desk Team Leader, Part Time Help Desk Staff provides IT support to the university community. The candidate follows ITSS procedures and guidelines, troubleshoots problems and reports malfunctions. Additionally, the candidate researches and proposes strategies for improving service levels, staff training strategies, etc.
** Please Note: We are currently ONLY looking for students whose schedules allow for shifts mainly within the 8:30am - 1pm or 1pm - 5:30pm timeframes from Monday to Thursday. **
Responsibilities/Specific Job Duties:
- Provides IT support to students, faculty, and staff
- Troubleshoots computer, network, and phone related problems
- Creates, updates, and maintains articles for ITSS knowledge base
- Enters service calls into ITSS call tracking system
- Assigns service calls to Tier 2 ITSS support as required
- Escalates any system outages immediately to management as required
- Performs other related duties as required
Qualifications / Special Skills Required:
- Be a registered student at SMU, preferably in 2nd year of studies or above
- Prior knowledge of Microsoft Application Software, SMUport, Self-Service Banner etc.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate competence in troubleshooting IT-related issues
- Feel confident to work independently
- Able to share and work as part of a team
- Have an outgoing and helpful personality
In order to apply, you must fill out the application form, and submit it along with a resume, two letters of reference from professors or employers, and an outline of your hours of availability. Please email the entire application to Lorraine Helson.