Executive and Professional Development
The online Certificate in Financial Management is designed to help you become more effective in managing the financial aspects of your organization. Completing the certificate will give you the knowledge to make better informed financial decisions and plan more effectively for the future.
For the first time ever all three sessions of this certificate are available online! This allows each participant to complete the three sessions at their own pace over a six month period.
The online Certificate in Financial Management consists of three sessions. They must be taken in order and completed within a six month period. Each session should take 4 – 5 hours to complete.
Facilitators: Debi Peverill, BComm, CPA, CA
Technical Requirements: The sessions are compatible with all modern browsers including Firefox, IE 9+, Chrome, Safari and Opera. They are also compatible with browsers of recent mobile devices (IOS and Android).
Required Online Seminars
In this session you will learn how to unlock the mysteries of financial statements. The online lectures will explain financial terms in an easy to understand manner. Each topic area features a set of questions that will test your understanding of the topic.
Budgeting and projections:
In this session you will learn how to prepare a budget, including balance sheets and cash flow statements and develop an in-depth understanding of how the financial statements fit together. Most participants find that the completion of this session helps them to see financial statements and budgets in a clearer light.
Building on the concepts learned in sessions one and two, participants will learn how to approach a financial decision and determine the best course of action. Techniques include incremental analysis and capital budgeting.
All three sessions will include:
- High definition videos featuring facilitator Debi Peverill discussing each topic.
- Accompanying her on screen will be visual aids (bullet points, examples, tables, etc.).
- Many of these examples will be available to be downloaded and printed.
- Participants will receive two downloadable eBooks, Painless Financial Literacy (2015) and Budgeting Essentials (2015), both written by Debi Peverill.
- Throughout the course there will be test questions and exercises to complete followed by written and video answers.
- Once each section is completed, participants may re-watch them as many times as they like, including tests and exercises.
- Participants will also have email access to facilitator Debi Peverill should they have any questions or need support.