Department of Sociology & Criminology
The Department of Sociology and Criminology has several undergraduate advisors in place.
ADVISING HOURS FOR CRIMINOLOGY STUDENTS
Criminology faculty are available for advising during their office hours.
- Diane Crocker, firstname.lastname@example.org (MS 419) Monday 12:00 - 1:30, Tuesday 2:00 - 4:00, Thursday 12:00 - 2:00pm
- Stephen Schneider, email@example.com (MS 415) Thursday 1:00 - 4:00pm
- Jamie Livingston, firstname.lastname@example.org (MS 431) Mondays and Wednesdays 12:00 - 3:00pm
- Rachael Collins, email@example.com (MS 409) Mondays and Wednesdays 10:00 - 12:00, Friday 11:00 - 1:00pm
- Maria Gomez, firstname.lastname@example.org (MS430) Tuesdays 10:30 - 12:30 and 2:00 - 4:00 pm, Thursdays 10:30 - 12:30pm
ADVISING HOURS FOR SOCIOLOGY STUDENTS
- Madine VanderPLaat, email@example.com (MS 417) Mondays and Wednesdays 2:00 - 3:30pm
- Randle Hart, firstname.lastname@example.org (MS 407) Tuesdays and Thursdays 11:30 - 12:30, Wednesday 10:00 - 2:00pm
When you arrive for your appointment, please be sure to already:
- Have read relevant sections of the Academic Calendar, Sociology or Criminology page.
- Have copies of your most recent transcripts from Banner with you (we will be unable to print copies for you)
- Have reviewed and completed the appropriate worksheets (see below). Be sure to bring this material with you.
The department has a number of Academic Advisors who are able to help you sort through degree requirements, talk about career options, and help you navigate to other university resources.
Note: Curriclum changes: Students can declare their major in September (or re-declare) to take advantage of the new curriculum changes.
Students are bound to the general arts requirements/degree requirements for the year in which they enrolled. They are bound to the major requirements of the year in which they declare—but are able to declare their major at any time (or re-declare in the event that they want to change their major) and take advantage of the requirements of that particular year.
- New 2017-2018 Sociology Major Advising Worksheet.pdf
- 2017-2018 Criminology Major Advising Worksheet.pdf
- Worksheet for new Sociology majors (you are a new major if you declared your major in September 2011 or later). New Sociology Major Advising Worksheet
- Worksheet for new Criminology majors (you are a new major if you declared your major in September 2011 or later). New Criminology Major Advising Worksheet.pdf
- Worksheet for old Sociology majors (you are an old major if you have declared your major prior to September 2011). pdf here
- Worksheet for old Criminology majors (you are an old major if you have declared your major prior to September 2011). pdf here