Department of Chemistry
Teaching Assistant Opportunities
Every year, the Department of Chemistry employs registered Saint Mary’s University Science Students as Teaching Assistants (TAs) to help with the operation of specific courses. Some positions are highly interactive and involve answering student questions or running demonstrations during classes or labs, while other positions require low- to no-student-interaction (e.g., marking labs and quizzes).
How to Apply
All Student Teaching Assistant Applications may either be emailed, delivered in person or sent via your local postal service. To begin, review all the requirements for each of the TA Job Descriptions, then review the document Available TA Jobs to determine your interest and the positions that the department is offering. Complete the TA-Application Form, and if applicable, the TA-Availabilty Times/Blank Schedule Form. When ready to submit your application, review the "TA-How to Apply" instructions to determine the correct method in delivering your application to the Department for review.
- Review the Available TA Jobs currently required & the job description for each job offered.
- Complete an application, attach an unofficial current Saint Mary's University transcript, and, if applicable, complete and attach the available times schedule (only if you are applying for a Lab Preparation Assistant Job)
- Once completed either email your application to email@example.com or deliver to the Science Building Assignment Drop-off/Mail Box #23, 1 st Floor Science Building by the deadline noted.
- More detailed instructions may be found here.
Note: The application deadline (Monday, Noon, December 11, 2017) has since passed.
- However, there are still available positions and applications will continue to be accepted and considered untill all available positions have been filled.
Please review each Job Description as there have been some modifications; particularly with regards to the “hourly requirements” of the job.