Patrick Power Library
Computer Support - Laptops / PCs / Printing
Wireless access on campus:
Printing from your laptop
How do I print documents and papers?
How do I get help?
Like most universities, SMU assumes that our students, faculty and staff are familiar with Windows, Microsoft Office, and web browsers. The Library also has plenty of books on Windows, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and so on. These products have useful built-in help features.
For other problems...
- Assistance with the use of our research databases and resources is available at the Research Help Desk 902-420-5544 on the main floor of the Library.
- Hardware and software problems with library computers should be directed to the Library's Information Systems staff.
- The Research Help Desk staff will be happy to contact them for you.If you do not remember your S number or password, contact the ITSS help desk at 902-496-8111.
Information Technology Systems & Support (ITSS)
- Campus computer resources and the ITSS help desk.
- Search fulltext databases, like Ebsco or ABI from your web-browser toolbar.