Executive and Professional Development
Certificate in Comprehensive Project Management
Develop the thorough knowledge, skills, and proficiency in understanding all concepts, tools, and techniques that underpin the requirements you will need to lead projects, and be recognized for excellence in your field. This course will provide coverage of all aspects of the project management framework, and is so comprehensive it will even provide the knowledge and confidence you require to write your Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification exams.
As a professional, you will confirm the importance of project management best practices, and their contribution in delivering successful projects, within your organization. To add value, best practices must be understood, applied, and supported by organizational leaders. A thorough understanding and application of the key concepts are covered in this program. Enroll your project team members, and imagine the productivity and effectiveness of a team who all understand project processes, common terminology, and a common approach to successful project management.
Project Team Members
Fast track your career in Project Management. Become an integral part of your project’s success, and be valued and recognized for your project management savvy. This 8 day program is designed to not only provide the well-rounded expertise you require, but it is so comprehensive in the coverage of concepts, it will provide a knowledge base that will enable you to challenge the exam to become a Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®).
This eight day certificate program provides a full 360°review of all process activities as outlined in the sixth edition of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®). Project managers and leaders will learn valuable concepts to enable the use of best practices in your industry, and be recognized for your knowledge and skills in leading organizational projects. Team members will also find value in this program, to enable them to be fully engaged in work projects in your team role. This course is so comprehensive, participants would gain the confidence they need to write your PMP® or CAPM® certification exams. A Capstone project allows time in class to apply key concepts, with highly valuable and popular interactions with fellow participants.
Program Content: The Certificate in Comprehensive Project Management aligns with A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®) 5th Edition - Fall 2017 program and 6th Edition-Spring/Winter 2018.
The Certificate in Comprehensive Project Management consists of three modules: Modules 1 and 2 are three days each, and Module 3 is only two days for a total of 8 days of programming. The modules must be taken in order.
Applied Learning Opportunities
Group and individual exercises, tests, and unique learning aids will facilitate the learning of these important concepts and knowledge areas.
8 Day Certificate
Spring 2018 Session:
April 9 - May 8, 2018
Module 1: Project Introduction, Framework, Integration, Stakeholders, and Scope
April 9 - 11, 2018 (Monday - Wednesday)
- Introduction to the 8 day certificate program
- Common project management terminology
- Powers of a Project Manager; Key roles and responsibilities
- Traditional vs. Agile project management
- What is the role of project management office?
- Complete review of all processes in Integration, Stakeholder, and Scope Knowledge Areas
- Introduce the Capstone project to initiate a project, and identify stakeholders
Module 2: Project Schedule, Cost, Quality, and Human/Physical Resources
April 23 - 25, 2018 (Monday - Wednesday)
- 3 key types of scheduling methods
- Building task sequences for a realistic schedule
- Three point estimates, standard deviation, and task variances
- Complete review of all processes in Time, Cost, Quality, and Resource Knowledge areas
- Developing cost estimates and knowing when to baseline the project
- Understanding quality concepts, tools, and techniques
- Calculating the Mean, Median, and Mode
- Interpreting a Bell Curve and understanding normal distribution of datapoints
- Five theories of motivation
- Use the Capstone project, group and individual exercises to apply key learning concepts
Module 3: Project Communications, Risk, and Procurement, and Review
May 7 - 8, 2018 (Monday - Tuesday)
- Importance of communications to project success
- Communication models and blockers
- Performance reporting and earned value analysis
- Risk – an overlay to all other planning components, Risk Response Planning
- Complete review of all processes in Communications, Risk, and Procurement Knowledge Areas
- Further develop the Capstone project to assess risk, plan responses, and plan communications
- Review difficult concepts from select areas, plus a final written test will bring the course to completion
PMP®, CAPM® and PMBOK® are all trademarks of The Project Management Institute, Inc