Faculty of Arts
Faculty Handbook & Important Dates
Alumni Speakers Series application forms
The Faculty is pleased to initiate the Faculty of Arts Alumni Speakers Series. The intent of the series is to provide our students with an enhanced understanding of the diverse career paths open to them as Arts students. The initiative will operate at the Department/Program level, whereby units will identify appropriate former grads and apply for the travel/honorarium funds available. Click here for the Arts Speakers Series guidelines and application.
The Faculty Handbook [PDF] has been designed for new colleagues, based on extensive feedback from Saint Mary's community. This Handbook should provide guidance, direction, and support.
This List of Important Dates [PDF] provides a chronological look at the Academic Calendar, as it pertains to faculty members.
- Department Submission for New Part-Time Recommendation Checklist [PDF]
- Department Submission of Part-time/Adjunct Review Recommendation Checklist [PDF]
- University Appointments Committee (UAC) Checklist [PDF] (Please submit to the Dean's office 1 original and 5 copies.)
- Professional Development Expenses (see Article 16.7)
- Tenure/Promotion Application Checklist [PDF]
- Thesis Supervision [.DOC] (see Article 16.5.1)
Please submit completed forms to the Dean of Arts Office, McNally Main 218, by the nearest deadline date both before and after travelling:
January 3, March 31, May 31, July 31, September 30, and November 30.
Upon return from travel:
For more information on travel-related expenses, please refer to Financial Services' Travel Tool.