Apply for Co-op
Students who are interested in applying to the program must meet these minimum requirements:
- You must have completed at least 45 credit hours by the end of the semester in which you are applying. For example, students applying in fall for a summer work term must have 45 credits hours by the end of the fall semester. In addition, transfer students must have completed at least one semester of full-time studies at Saint Mary's.
- Students in their third year of studies may be required to provide an academic plan confirming they can complete 3 co-op work terms before graduation. This is requested on a case by case basis.
- You have to declare a major once you are officially accepted into the co-op program
- Students in the Science Program must have at time of acceptance, and maintain a minimum 2.5 CGPA and a 3.0 GPA in their major courses.
- Students in the Sobey School of Business Program must have a minimum 3.0 CGPA at time of acceptance, and maintain a 3.0 CGPA throughout their studies. Students with a CGPA of 2.7 or above may be considered for conditional acceptance. Contact the Co-op Office for further information.
- Students in the Arts Program must have at time of acceptance a minimum 2.7 CGPA, and maintain a 2.7 CGPA throughout their studies.
- Students are expected to complete 3 co-op work terms before graduation. Each work term is approximately 13 – 16 weeks in length.