May 31st is the standard application deadline, but applications made later than this date will be accepted if space is available.
To be admitted to our programs, the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research requires the following:
- Completed application form
- Application processing fee
- Two official transcripts from each university or college credit program you fully or partially completed
- Three confidential letters of reference / recommendation. At least one reference should be from a current or former professor.
Note: If your last education experience was some years ago, you may find it difficult to find an academic reference. In that case, three professional references will be accepted.
- English is your first language or you can demonstrate competence in English.
In addition, to comply with program specific requirements, please submit the following to the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research:
- A letter from the co-operative sector organization (typically your employer) that you will use as a case study, indicating their willingness to have you study various aspects of the organization
- A two page personal description outlining how the program will benefit you and your organization
- An up-to-date resume
Please note, we require that:
- You be actively engaged in the co-operative sector (e.g. employed by a co-operative, credit union, mutual, or sector association; serving governance roles; consulting), preferably in a supervisory or management position
- You have completed an undergraduate degree or have an equivalent combination of training and experience
We encourage you to apply early as we review and make acceptance decisions on applications throughout the year.