About Saint Mary's
**ALL PERMITS (excluding Motorcycle) CURRENTLY SOLD OUT** Please continue to fill out application to be placed on waitlist
**Resident Students will receive and email within 3 business.
Please note: Parking on campus without a valid permit will lead to ticketing. Three or more violations can result in an immobilization boot being placed on your vehicle or your vehicle being towed at your cost without warning.
Saint Mary’s University will not issue a valid parking permit until ALL outstanding tickets have been paid. Unpaid tickets may be assigned directly to your student account without notice.
Parking Permit Overview
All Student permits are sold on a first come, first serve basis. Above ground permits are valid in general parking spaces only.
Permit lengths are as follows:
- 8 month (valid from September 1st to April 30th) - above and underground
- 12 month (valid from September 1st to August 31st) - above and underground
- Summer (valid from May 1st to August 31st) - above ground only
The cost will be pro-rated according to the month they are purchased (Summer permits will not be pro-rated or refunded). You will be contacted by email or telephone if your name must be placed on a waiting list prior to 'sold out' posting online.
- All above ground permits - application for waitlist (excluding motorcycle permit) currently open. Motorcycle permits are still available; application open.
- Underground permits (most are 12month; there are a small number of spaces designated for 8month only) - application for waitlist currently open
- Summer 2017 (above ground only) - TBA
Please note, you will not be contacted for confirmation of application receipt or approval unless otherwise stated.
Pickup & Payment details
Please be sure to have your updated SMU Student ID card. If you require above ground overnight parking, please bring a copy of your 'Account Summary' page which you may print from your SMU Banner account or bring a copy of your lease agreement. Full payment of parking permit as well as, payment of any outstanding SMU parking fines, is due at time of pickup.
Please be sure to have all necessary documents (listed above), to avoid delay.
All permits, excluding Motorcycle, are sold out; if a permit becomes available and we have reached your name on the waitlist, you will be contacted. For Motorcycle permit, please wait 24 business hours before coming to pick up. Pick up for all permit types will be in Facilities Management, rm. MS011.
General Above Ground
Purchasing a general above ground parking permit does not guarantee a parking space. We suggest arriving on campus as early as possible, leaving yourself with enough time to try and find a space in one of our 8 parking lots. Keep in mind that general permits are not valid at parking meters, in a faculty/carpool designated space or in the Homburg Members Only parking lot.
- 8 month permit - $274
- 12 month permit - $388
- Summer 2017 (above ground only) - $TBA
With payment of an underground parking permit, you will be issued an assigned parking space to use at your leisure. Underground permits are not valid in above ground parking lots.
- 8 month permit - $492
- 12 month permit - $642
Motorcycle or Automobile & Motorcycle Combo
Motorcycle parking is located in the Arena parking lot. Motorcycle permits are not valid any where else on campus.
- Motorcycle only - $71
- Motorcycle & Automobile combo 8 month - $284
- Motorcycle & Automobile combo 12 month - $415
Carpool permits are offered at SMU for groups of 3 or more people. Each person must have their own vehicle to register.
- 8 month - $274
- 12 month - $388
- Summer (2017) - $TBA
- Each group member must show proof of a registered automobile at time of pick up along, with updated SMU Student ID. (NOTE: Motorcycles, motor scooters and mopeds are excluded from the carpool program).
- One permit is issued to each group and must be transferred between vehicles for on campus use.
- Each group is assigned a reserved parking space.
email@example.com or 902-420-5572