About Saint Mary's
ONLY AVAILABLE PERMITS:
**FAMILY & GRADUATE SMU HOUSING**
ALL OTHERS ARE SOLD OUT
(To be placed on the waitlist for sold out permits, please fill out application)
*PLEASE BE SURE TO READ APPLICATION DATES & PICK-UP/PAYMENT DETAILS BELOW*
Please note: Parking on campus without a valid permit will lead to ticketing. Three or more violations can result in an immobilization boot being placed on your vehicle or your vehicle being towed at your cost without warning.
Saint Mary’s University will not issue a valid parking permit until ALL outstanding tickets have been paid. Unpaid tickets may be assigned directly to your student account without notice.
Parking Permit Overview
All Student permits are sold on a first come, first serve basis. Above ground permits are valid in general parking spaces only.
Permit lengths are as follows:
- 8 month (valid from September 1st to April 30th) - above and underground
- 12 month (valid from September 1st to August 31st) - above and underground
- Summer (valid from May 1st to August 31st) - above ground only
The cost will be pro-rated according to the month they are purchased (Summer permits will not be pro-rated or refunded). You will be contacted by email or telephone if your name must be placed on a waiting list prior to 'sold out' posting online.
- All Above ground permits - August 1st.
- Underground permits (most are 12month; there are a small number of spaces designated for 8month only) - SMU Resident Students: August 1st; All students: August 14th.
- Please be sure to apply for your permit on the correct date for your permit type. Applications recieved prior to dates noted above, will be voided without notice.
- Summer 2018 (above ground only) - TBA
Please note, you will not be contacted for confirmation of application receipt or approval unless otherwise stated - *see below*
Pickup & Payment details
If applying for Above ground permit (excluding Carpool), wait 3 business days and if you have not received notice that you are on the waitlist than you may come in to pick up your permit beginning on the pickup date noted below. If you apply on or after the pickup start date, please wait at least 3 business days before coming in to pickup - you will not be contacted for confirmation of application receipt or permit approval unless your name must be placed on a waitlist prior to the sold out posting online.
If applying for Carpool or Underground permits, you will be contacted within 5 business days - please wait for confirmation of approval before coming in.
Please be sure to have your updated SMU Student ID card. Overnight parking is for SMU campus residents only in the Rice Residence parking lot. Full payment of parking permit as well as, payment of any outstanding SMU parking fines, is due at time of pickup.
Please be sure to have all necessary documents (listed above), to avoid delay.
- General Above ground permit pickup begins on August 21st at 9:00AM in the Service Centre, McNally Main building rm. 108, until September 8th. After September 8th, pickup will be in the Facilities Management, McNally South basement rm. 011.
- Motorcycle and Auto & Motorcycle Combo permit pickup begins August 21st at 9:00AM in Facilities Management, McNally South basement rm. 011.
- Undergound and Carpool permit - you will be contacted within 5 business days after applying; please wait to be contacted. (NOTE: Regarding Underground, if you apply before August 14th you must be living in SMU residence as of September 2017. If not, your application will be void.)
All permits must be picked up no later than September 22nd. Permits not picked up by this date will be offered to students on the waitlist.
General Above Ground
Includes a limited number of Single Student Housing and Family & Graduate Housing overnight parking permits.
Purchasing a general above ground parking permit does not guarantee a parking space. We suggest arriving on campus as early as possible, leaving yourself with enough time to try and find a space in one of our 8 parking lots. Keep in mind that general permits are not valid at parking meters, in a faculty/carpool designated space or in the Homburg Members Only parking lot.
- 8 month permit - $282
- 12 month permit - $400
- Summer 2018 (above ground only) - $TBA; valid from May 1 to August 31
With payment of an underground parking permit, you will be issued an assigned parking space to use at your leisure. Underground permits are not valid in above ground parking lots.
- 8 month permit - $507
- 12 month permit - $661
Motorcycle or Automobile & Motorcycle Combo
Motorcycle parking is located in the Arena parking lot. Motorcycle permits are not valid any where else on campus.
- Motorcycle only - $73
- Motorcycle & Automobile combo 8 month - $293
- Motorcycle & Automobile combo 12 month - $427
Carpool permits are offered at SMU for groups of 3 or more people. Each person must have their own vehicle to register.
- 8 month - $282
- 12 month - $400
- Summer (2018) - $TBA
- Each group member must show proof of a registered automobile at time of pick up along, with updated SMU Student ID. (NOTE: Motorcycles, motor scooters and mopeds are excluded from the carpool program).
- One permit is issued to each group and must be transferred between vehicles for on campus use.
- Each group is assigned a reserved parking space.
email@example.com or 902-420-5572