About Saint Mary's
Please read pick up details below before coming in.
Apply for Summer parking now
Please note: Parking on campus without a valid permit will lead to ticketing. Three or more violations can result in an immobilization boot being placed on your vehicle or your vehicle being towed at your cost without warning.
Saint Mary’s University will not issue a valid parking permit until ALL outstanding tickets have been paid. Unpaid tickets may be assigned directly to your student account without notice.
Parking Permit Overview
All Student permits are sold on a first come, first serve basis. Above ground permits are valid in general parking spaces only.
Permit lengths are as follows:
- 8 month (valid from September 1st to April 30th) - above ground only
- 12 month (valid from September 1st to August 31st) - above and underground
- Summer (valid from May 1st to August 31st) - above ground only
The cost will be pro-rated according to the month they are purchased (Summer permits will not be pro-rated). You will be contacted by email or telephone if your name must be placed on a waiting list prior to 'sold out' posting online.
All permit applications open at 9:00AM Atlantic Time on the noted dates. Applications received before 9:00AM will be void.
- All above ground permits (Academic year) - TBA
- Underground (12month only) - TBA
- Summer 2016 (above ground only) - April 4, 2016
Please note, you will not be contacted for confirmation of application receipt or approval unless otherwise stated (Read pickup details below).
Pickup & Payment details
Pickup for Summer permits will begin on April 22, 2016. Please be sure to have your updated SMU Student ID card; if you require overnight parking, please bring a copy of your 'Account Summary' page which you can print from your SMU Banner account or bring a copy of your lease agreement. Full payment is due at time of pickup.
IMPORTANT PICKUP DETAILS:
- Summer permits - If you apply on or after April 22, 2016 please wait 24 business hours before coming to Facilities Management, MS011 to pick up your permit. You will not be contacted for confirmation. Please be sure to have all necessary documents (listed above), to avoid delay.
General Above Ground
Purchasing a general above ground parking permit does not guarantee a parking space. We suggest arriving on campus as early as possible, leaving yourself with enough time to try and find a space in one of our 8 parking lots; keeping in mind that general permits are not valid at parking meters or in a faculty/carpool designated space.
- 8 month permit - $274
- 12 month permit - $388
- Summer 2016 (above ground only) - $123
With payment of an underground parking permit, you will be issued an assigned parking space to use at your leisure. Underground permits are not valid in above ground parking lots.
- 12 month permit - $642
Motorcycle or Automobile & Motorcycle Combo
Motorcycle parking is located in the Arena parking lot. Motorcycle permits are not valid any where else on campus.
- Motorcycle only - $71
- Motorcycle & Automobile combo 8 month - $284
- Motorcycle & Automobile combo 12 month - $415
Carpool permits are offered at SMU for groups of 3 or more people. Each person must have their own vehicle to register.
- 8 month - $274
- 12 month - $388
- Summer (2016) - $123
- Each group member must register and show proof of a vehicle (ie. Vehicle Registration).
- One permit is issued to each group and must be transferred between vehicles for on campus use.
- Each group is assigned a reserved parking space.
- Permits are to be paid for and picked-up at Facilities Management, McNally South basement rm. 011.
email@example.com or 902-420-5572