About Saint Mary's
Faculty & Staff Parking
Please take the time to review pickup details before coming in to pick up permit.
**UNDERGROUND & CARPOOL CURRENTLY SOLD OUT**
Please note: Parking on campus without a valid permit may lead to ticketing and/or an immobilization boot. You will not be issued a parking permit until ALL outstanding violations have been paid.
Purchasing a general above ground parking permit does not guarantee you a parking spot. We suggest arriving on campus as early as possible, leaving yourself enough time to find a parking space in one of our 8 parking lots. Permits are not valid at parking meters. Parking in an accessible space is only valid when your SMU permit is accoumpanied by a Registry of Motor Vehicle's Mobility Disabled Identification Permit plate or tag. Overnight parking is prohibited for above ground permits.
Parking Permit Overview
Staff, Faculty (Full & Part Time) and Professional Librarian permits are sold as 12 month (valid from September 1st to August 31st) or Summer (valid from May 1st to August 31st).
Above ground permits may be purchased up to April 30th at a pro-rated cost.
Part time faculty members are eligible for one complimentary above ground permit per year. If requesting an underground or carpool permit, the cost will be at the full time faculty rate.
All permit applications open at 9:00AM (AT) on the noted dates. Applications received prior to 9:00AM (AT) will be void.
- Above ground permits - August 2nd
- Underground - August 16th.
- Summer permits 2017 (Above ground only) - TBA
Please note, you will not be contacted for confirmation of application receipt or approval unless otherwise stated. Read pickup information carefully and contact our front desk, (902)420-5572, if you have any questions.
Payroll Deduction, Payment & Pickup details:
All permits are to be picked up in the Facilities Management office, McNally South basement, rm. 011. Payroll deduction forms will be available in the office at that time. Full payment is due at the time of permit pickup.
IMPORTANT PICKUP DETAILS: Pickup for all permits will begin on August 22nd.
Deadline for picking up Underground and Carpool permit is September 16th; if permit is not picked up by this date, it will be offered to the waiting list.
Please read details below before picking up.
- Above ground permits (including combo, motorcycle) - If you apply on or after August 22nd, please wait at least 2 business days after applying before coming in to pick up your permit.
- Underground and Carpool permits - You will be contacted within 5 business days of application. Please wait to be contacted before coming in to pickup. If your name must be placed on a waitlist prior to 'sold out' notification being posted online, you will be notified via email or telephone. (NOTE: Carpool group members must each show a xopy of vehicle registration at time of pickup).
- Summer permits (above ground permits only) - Please wait at least 24 business hours before coming in to pick up your permit.
- Staff - $460
- Full-time Faculty & Professional Librarian - $501
- Summer (2017) - $TBA
- Part-time Faculty - Complimentary (with presentation of employment contract)
Automobile & Motorcycle Combo
Motorcycle parking is located in the Arena Parking Lot. Motorcycle permits are not valid anywhere else on campus.
- Staff - $494
- Faculty & Professional Librarian - $534
- Part-time Faculty - See below **
**Part-time Faculty selecting this option must choose which permit they would like to receive as complimentary; your contract allows for one free parking permit (i.e. you may receive a complimentary automobile permit and pay the difference for the motorcycle).
- Staff, Faculty & Professional Librarian - $79
- Part-time Faculty - See below**
**Part time Faculty may receive this permit complimentary if it is the only permit they are choosing.
With payment of an underground parking permit, you will be issued an assigned parking space. Underground permits are not valid for use above ground.
- Staff, Faculty (Full & Part-time) and Professional Librarian - $765
Carpool is offered at SMU for groups of 3 or more people. These permits are issued on a first come, first serve basis. You will be assigned a parking spot located in the North West corner of the Science parking lot.
- Staff - $460
- Faculty (Full & Part-time) and Professional Librarian - $501
- Summer (2017) - $TBA
- Each group member must register and show proof of an automobile (ie. Vehicle Registration). (NOTE: Motorcycles, motor scooters and mopeds are excluded from the carpool program).
- Each group member must be a current SMU employee.
- One permit is issued to each group and must be transferred between vehicles.
- Each group is assigned a reserved parking space.
Cost would be the same as an above ground permit. If your group has both Staff and Faculty members, than the cost will be that of the majority (ie. 2 staff and 1 faculty will pay staff rate).
**Payroll deduction may not be used for Carpool permits.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-420-5572