About Saint Mary's
Faculty & Staff Parking
Parking applications for 2018-2019 are open.
-Underground 12 month is sold out. Any new applications will be waitlisted.
Please contact us or see the Temporary Parking page for July/August parking options.
Please note: Parking on campus without a valid permit may lead to ticketing and/or an immobilization boot. You will not be issued a parking permit until ALL outstanding violations have been paid.
Purchasing an above ground parking permit does not guarantee you a parking spot. We suggest arriving on campus as early as possible, leaving yourself enough time to find a parking space in one of our 8 parking lots. Permits are not valid at parking meters or in pay & display spots. Parking in an accessible space is only valid when your SMU permit is accoumpanied by a Registry of Motor Vehicle's Mobility Disabled Identification Permit plate or tag. Overnight parking is prohibited for above ground permits.
Parking Permit Overview
Staff, Faculty (Full & Part Time) and Professional Librarian permits are sold as 12 month (valid from September 1 to August 31) or Summer (valid from May 1 to August 31).
Part time faculty members are eligible for one complimentary above ground permit per year. If requesting an underground permit, the cost will be at the full time faculty rate.
- General and motorcycle permits - August 1, 2018 at 12:00AM
- Underground permits (residents of SMU only) - August 1, 2018 at 12:00AM
- Underground permits (non-residents) - August 15, 2018 at 12:00AM
Please note, you will not be contacted for confirmation of application receipt or approval unless otherwise stated.
Payroll Deduction, Payment & Pickup details:
Permit pickup for 2018/2019 permits begins on August 20 in the Facilities Management office, McNally South basement MS 011.
- If you applied for Above Ground General or Motorcycle, you may come in to pick-up and pay for your permit beginning August 20. If you apply on or after this date, please wait at least 2 business days before coming in.
- If you applied for Underground, you will be contacted within 5 business days.
Deadline for Payroll Deduction is September 24 at 4:30pm (Payroll forms are available in the Facilities Management office at time of pick-up). After the September 24 deadline, payroll deduction may only be used by new employees (within one month of employment start date) or employees returning from approved leave (excluding vacation leave).
Payment is due at the time of pickup. See permit types and costs below.
General Above Ground
- Staff - $488
- Full-time Faculty & Professional Librarian - $531
- Summer (2018) - $131 (valid from May 1st to August 31st)
- Part-time Faculty - Complimentary (with presentation of employment contract)
Automobile & Motorcycle Combo
Motorcycle parking is located in the Arena Parking Lot. Motorcycle permits are not valid anywhere else on campus.
- Staff - $524
- Faculty & Professional Librarian - $567
- Part-time Faculty - See below **
**Part-time Faculty selecting this option must choose which permit they would like to receive as complimentary; your contract allows for one free parking permit (i.e. you may receive a complimentary automobile permit and pay the difference for the motorcycle).
- Staff, Faculty & Professional Librarian - $81
- Part-time Faculty - See below**
**Part time Faculty may receive this permit complimentary if it is the only permit they are choosing.
With payment of an underground parking permit, you will be issued an assigned parking space. Underground permits are not valid for use above ground.
- Staff, Faculty (Full & Part-time) and Professional Librarian - $812