About Saint Mary's
Faculty & Staff Parking
UNDERGROUND & CARPOOL PERMITS CURRENTLY SOLD-OUT
PLEASE READ APPLICATION DATES, PICK-UP & PAYMENT DETAILS BELOW
Please note: Parking on campus without a valid permit may lead to ticketing and/or an immobilization boot. You will not be issued a parking permit until ALL outstanding violations have been paid.
Purchasing an above ground parking permit does not guarantee you a parking spot (excluding Carpool). We suggest arriving on campus as early as possible, leaving yourself enough time to find a parking space in one of our 8 parking lots. Permits are not valid at parking meters. Parking in an accessible space is only valid when your SMU permit is accoumpanied by a Registry of Motor Vehicle's Mobility Disabled Identification Permit plate or tag. Overnight parking is prohibited for above ground permits.
Parking Permit Overview
Staff, Faculty (Full & Part Time) and Professional Librarian permits are sold as 12 month (valid from September 1st to August 31st) or Summer (valid from May 1st to August 31st).
Part time faculty members are eligible for one complimentary above ground permit per year. If requesting an underground or carpool permit, the cost will be at the full time faculty rate.
- Above ground permits - August 1st
- Underground - August 14th
- Summer permits 2018 (Above ground only) - TBA (valid from May 1st to August 31st)
Please note, you will not be contacted for confirmation of application receipt or approval unless otherwise stated. Read pickup information carefully and contact our front desk, (902)420-5572, if you have any questions.
Payroll Deduction, Payment & Pickup details:
*Please see Temporary Parking if you require parking for the remainder of Summer 2017.*
All 2017/2018 Permit pick-up begins August 21st in the Facilities Management office, McNally South rm. 011.
- If you applied for Above ground (excluding Carpool), you may come in to pick-up and pay for your permit beginning August 21st. If you apply on or after this date, please wait at least 2 business days before coming in.
- If you applied for Underground or Carpool, you will be contacted within 5 business days.
Deadline for Payroll Deduction is September 25th at 4:30pm (Payroll forms are available in the Facilities Management office at time of pick-up). After the September 25th deadline, payroll deduction may only be used by new employees (within one month of employment start date) or employees returning from approved leave (excluding vacation leave), until April 15th (Payroll deduction may not be used for Summer permit payment) - contact Facilities Management for details.
Payment is due at the time of pickup. See permit types and costs below.
- Staff - $474
- Full-time Faculty & Professional Librarian - $516
- Summer (2018) - $TBA
- Part-time Faculty - Complimentary (with presentation of employment contract)
Automobile & Motorcycle Combo
Motorcycle parking is located in the Arena Parking Lot. Motorcycle permits are not valid anywhere else on campus.
- Staff - $509
- Faculty & Professional Librarian - $550
- Part-time Faculty - See below **
**Part-time Faculty selecting this option must choose which permit they would like to receive as complimentary; your contract allows for one free parking permit (i.e. you may receive a complimentary automobile permit and pay the difference for the motorcycle).
- Staff, Faculty & Professional Librarian - $81
- Part-time Faculty - See below**
**Part time Faculty may receive this permit complimentary if it is the only permit they are choosing.
With payment of an underground parking permit, you will be issued an assigned parking space. Underground permits are not valid for use above ground.
- Staff, Faculty (Full & Part-time) and Professional Librarian - $788
Carpool is offered at SMU for groups of 3 or more people. These permits are issued on a first come, first serve basis. You will be assigned a parking spot located in the North West corner of the Science parking lot.
- Staff - $474
- Faculty (Full & Part-time) and Professional Librarian - $516
- Summer (2018) - $TBA
- Each group member must register and show proof of an automobile (ie. Vehicle Registration). (NOTE: Motorcycles, motor scooters and mopeds are excluded from the carpool program).
- Each group member must be a current SMU employee.
- One permit is issued to each group and must be transferred between vehicles.
- Each group is assigned a reserved parking space.
Cost would be the same as an above ground permit. If your group has both Staff and Faculty members, than the cost will be that of the majority (ie. 2 staff and 1 faculty will pay staff rate).
**Payroll deduction may not be used for Carpool permits.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-420-5572