How to get to Halifax and Saint Mary's University from the Trans-Canada Highway and Halifax International Airport.
Getting to Saint Mary's By Car:
- Follow the Trans-Canada (NS Highway 104) from New Brunswick.
- Take Exit #15 to get on Highway 102 south (careful, this is the only exit to Halifax).
- Halifax is a pleasant drive away, 100 kilometres (about one hour).
- Follow directions as described below to get from Highway 102 into the city.
To get to the Loyola Residence Desk (check in):
- Turn left onto Inglis Street, proceed to the first intersection and turn right on Tower Road.
- Continue along Tower until you reach Gorsebrook Avenue where you will turn right and proceed to Loyola Residence, the 22-storey highrise on the right located at 5865 Gorsebrook Avenue.
From the Airport
- Follow the signs at the airport which direct you to Highway 102 South (Exit 6) and Halifax.
- It's about 40 kilometres from the airport to Saint Mary's University (about 40 minutes).
- From Highway 102 into the City
- Once on Highway 102 South, stay in the right lane. You will come to a fork in the Highway at Exit 5 - stay to the right and continue along the 102 (do not take the exit to Dartmouth).
- Continue along Highway 102 until it ends. It becomes Bayers Road in Halifax. Be careful as you enter the city - the speed limit drops to 70km/hr and then to 50km/hr.
- Just past the Halifax Shopping Centre, turn right on Connaught Avenue.
- Continue along Connaught until you reach the end of the street. There you will turn left on Jubilee Road.
- Continue along Jubilee until you reach Robie Street where you will turn right.
- Take Robie to Inglis Street. Saint Mary's University will be in front of you on the left.
Parking is available for our guests in accommodation in the parking lot located at the corner of Inglis Street and Tower Road (Arena Parking Lot). A parking pass will be issued upon check-in to residence.
Enjoy your stay!
For more information, please e-mail us, or contact us by phone at 888-347-5555 (toll free).